Contacting Lambeth Council
- For general enquiries, call 020 7926 1000 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, or email email@example.com
- If your are threatened with homelessness or are about to become homeless, contact the Council as soon as possible – see here on how to do this.
- You can book an appointment online here with Lambeth Council at the Civic Centre in Brixton for benefits claim enquiries, some council tax enquiries and some parking enquiries.
- To contact the benefits team at Lambeth Council, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 034 5302 2312
- To contact Lambeth Council about council tax, you can email email@example.com or call 034 5302 2312
- For queries about rubbish and recycling, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7926 9000
- For queries about parking, transport and streets, see online here for options.
- Any other issues, take a look here for find the right place to send your enquiry.
Debt, housing and benefits advice
- If you’re having difficulty paying your bills, call the council on 020 7926 0820 or speak to a live support adviser on the online web chat service.
- One Lambeth Advice –onelambethadvice.org.uk
- Centre 70, based in West Norwood – centre70.org.uk. You can also drop in on Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri 10am – 1pm & 2pm – 4pm. Weds 2pm – 4pm.
- Credit Unions are a way to get affordable loans – instead of exploitative payday lenders, they may be able to help you if you’re in difficulty. Our local Credit Union is the London Mutual Credit Union and they have a branch in Brixton.
- Use this free money health check from The Money Advice Service – it’s free, unbiased and they won’t recommend a particular product or try to sell you anything. It takes 10 minutes and gives you a personalised action plan.
- Lambeth FACE helps tenants in Lambeth with informal workshops to learn more about things like Universal Credit, dealing with debt and finding work.
- This free course from CAP helps with budgeting skills.
- Visit the Community Shop on Vale Street (behind the waste and recycling centre) – you can shop for food for more affordable prices and access professional development and budgeting advice. It is open 9-5 on Monday-Saturday.
- West Norwood Food Bank – find out how to get help here.