One of the things we love about Thurlow Park is the strong sense of community – and nothing says community like the many street parties that you organise across the ward each year.
The council is happy to support street parties, but you have to make sure your application gets in in good time as road closures are reviewed in batches each month. The deadline for street parties in April is coming up – get your applications in by 6th March .
Lambeth defines a street party as an event which…
- Is a residential get together on a single street. However there are occasions we will consider 2 road closures for a street party. There must be three named organisers who are over 18 and resident on the street to be closed (not from the same address)
- At least one of the named organisers is present for the duration of the Street Party
- Is not a public event and is only advertised directly to the residents on the street
- Is not profit making and the activities are not commercial
- Takes place on one day only between the hours of 10am and 7.30pm with the road being opened again to all traffic no later than 8pm
The road closure should be free, but there may be costs if you need the council’s contractors to bring over signs and barriers. Do get in touch if this is an issue – our details are on our contact page.