It is Lambeth Country Show is this weekend! We encourage all Thurlow residents to go and enjoy some Chuklehead Cider and Jerk Chicken along with the amazing vegetable sculptures. But, please enjoy responsibly and be considerate to the residents of the roads adjacent to the park.
As last year there will be security checks and a security fence. The police have informed us that the additional security measures were successful at reducing the number of serous incidents. We did feed back on the policy extensively and some changes have been made you can find out more here. Some of the back is already being harris fenced this is to contain the support activities for the show and the to preserve items – such as the memorial benches – from damage. Thousands of extra visitors are expected over the course of the weekend.
In terms of parking and traffic controls affecting residents in Thurlow Park ward;
- a) There will be residents access only signage at the entrance points to the estate on Rosendale Road (as per Mighty Hoopla)
- b) Suspension of waiting on single yellow lines in Rosendale Road in the lead up and just past the first railway bridge (as per Mighty Hoopla)
- c) Dedicated staff monitoring the area and documenting traffic and parking issues
- d) Dedicated traffic enforcement also monitoring Rosendale Road and Croxted Road
- e) There are no reported additional changes to the parking area around Trinity Rise and Brockwell Park Gardens we will write to the affected residents with updates if anything changes
The Country show ends at 8 and all attendees will be encouraged to leave through the Herne Hill gate although as the park will still be open at that time there may be egress through all of the other gates as well.
There will be public protection officers also working in the area throughout the weekend and they are able to respond to any antisocial behaviour / incidents.
If any residents have event related issues over the weekend then they can call through to the event control and log the issue and there will be response following all complaints made.
The number people can call is the Events out of Hours number which is 0207 926 9793.
Following the country show there will be a site survey to agree the scope of damage from the show and what are the necessary reinstatement measures. This will be taken with the parks team and operate independently of the restatement works running from Mighty Hoopla and Cross the Tracks.